Knowledge•Action•Change is committed to the development and promotion of evidence-based policies and interventions in the field of substance use and related areas of public health and public policy. The organisational ethos is to link knowledge transfer and organisational development to achieve impact at organisational, community, national and international levels. We offer a wide range of integrated services which help facilitate change, from initial assessment, though to implementation, advocacy, communication, assessment and evaluation.
Knowledge•Action•Change is led by Professor Gerry Stimson and Paddy Costall. The work is supported by KAC Associates and consultants, with different and complementary skills and each with a track record of achievement in their respective disciplines. We also work with a number of Partners that provide project support services.
Knowledge•Action•Change is driven by a ‘realpolitik’ approach to its work, using and developing existing skills and brokering the conditions for change.
Knowledge•Action•Change delivers a wide range of services and works in partnership with project stakeholders. Services are available individually, or in tailored packages. Our international team of highly-skilled and experienced professionals works to design bespoke packages to meet specific requirements at policy, programme and project level. The range of services available includes:
- Consultancy and research
- Rapid assessment and situation reports
- National and local programme and project advice
- Policy, programme and project assessment and evaluation
- Training and capacity building for management and practitioners
- Study visits and tours - access to policy makers and practitioners
- Situational analyses and facilitating the management of change
- Event design and management
- Media and promotion services
We employ a number of financial models for projects and where appropriate joint ventures, sharing financial risk with partners.